Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sunday Food Prep

Happy Sunday! I hope your weekend was great and you got to relax before the work week starts. Sunday's are a great day to food prep for the week ahead. This helps with staying on track with your eating throughout the week. I know that if I don't prep my lunches and snacks for the week I tend to eat horrible foods. In return, this makes me feel pretty yucky and run down all week.



I am starting the 21 day fix (again) tomorrow and so I'm going to stick to my portion control for the next 3 weeks. I went grocery shopping yesterday and picked up everything I need for the week. So let's begin!

Food Bought
  • Bananas
  • Watermelon
  • Cantaloupe
  • Honeydew
  • Broccoli
  • Cucumber
  • Chicken
  • Hot Sauce
  • White Rice
  • Ranch Packet
  • Almond Milk
  • Peanut Butter

 Breakfast Prep

I start off every morning with a Chocolate Shakeology. It took me a few tries to find a recipe I liked, but once I did I've been sticking to it ever since. Here's my recipe:

1 cup Almond Milk
1 scoop chocolate Shakeology
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
1 Banana
1 handful of ice cubes

Blend it all together and yum! Shakeology is a great source of vitamins. It also helps fill you up so your not wanting to constantly snack all day. I do my workouts in the morning and drink this after and it has the same amount of protein in it as my protein shacks so I've been drinking my Shakeo instead of the protein shakes.

Morning Snack 

I typically work 8:30 till 5 Monday through Friday, so snacks are always helpful during the day. This keeps your metabolism going and helps you not feel fatigue during the day. For my morning snack I usually eat 1 serving of fruit. This week I'm cutting up cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon to snack on throughout the week. Plus, my kids love fruits so it's a great snack for them too!



 Lunch 

This week for my lunches I am making buffalo chicken in the crock pot to eat with rice. I am putting the chicken, 1 bottle of Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce, and 1 packet of ranch dressing mix into a crock pot for about 5 hours on high. I'll shred the chicken and eat it over steamed rice. I'm also going to steam my broccoli and eat a serving of that as well. You could change it up every day and put your chicken on a salad or make it into a wrap.



Afternoon Snack

My afternoon snack will be cut up cucumber. Simple and to the point.

Dinner

For dinner I will make whatever I feel like and make sure it's healthy for the most part and that I stick to my portion sizes.

That's it! Pretty simple and easy. I try to change up my lunch time meal every week, but it's usually something to do with chicken. I plan on posting my meal preps every Sunday so stay tuned for more next week!

Have a great week! Who else is starting the 21 day fix this week? Good luck!

XOXO
Becca

Linked up at:

Jill Conyers

Femme Fitale Fit Club

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the 21DF! Love the program but I just couldn't wrap my brain around the whole container method of eating.

    Thanks for linking up with Fitness Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i was skeptical about the containers at first, and to be honest, I've tried starting this program a few times and failed at the portions. But I finally decided to give it a real try and it's easier than I thought it would be to stick to those containers. Thanks for having the link up party!

      Delete
  2. Is that the program where they give you the portion cups and containers? I really want that for myself - seriously! I am surprised there's white rice on the list though. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! The 21 day fix has the containers to help you portion control. It's awesome, I doubted that it would fill me up at first glance but it really does! Brown rice and wild rice are on the list as recommended but I prefer white rice so I decided to do that for my carb :-) If your interested send me an email beccaroof1013@gmail.com... I can give you some more information! Thanks for the comment and love your blog!

      Delete